European Alliance for the Social Sciences and the Humanities (EASSH)
The Association is formed of the founding members and of any future members who will join the association according to the provisions of these statutes. These statutes are governed by the law of 1st July 1901, as amended and by its application.
Article 2: Name
The association's name is "European Alliance for the Social Sciences and the Humanities."
It may be known by the acronym "EASSH."
Article 3: Purpose
The “European Alliance for the Social Sciences and Humanities” promotes the importance and value of the social sciences and humanities (SSH) at all pertinent levels and through all relevant actions in Europe and beyond.
The aims are:
- to promote European social sciences and humanities as a resource for Europe and the world;
- to provide a contact point for national, European and international SSH organisations, and pertinent policy- and decision-makers;
- to provide a forum for the discussion of matters of common interest;
- to further the interests of its members with respect to the institutions of the European Union and other European and international bodies in all fields relevant to SSH;
- to promote ethically justified and responsible SSH research at all levels;
- to ensure that proper attention is paid to SSH at all levels of education.